Compressors (package com.kryptel.compressor)
- Introduction to the Library
- Basic support package (com.kryptel.bslx)
- Kryptel API Commons package (com.kryptel)
- Cipher package (com.kryptel.cipher)
- Compressor package (com.kryptel.compressor)
- Exceptions package (com.kryptel.exceptions)
- Hash function package (com.kryptel.hash_function)
- MAC function package (com.kryptel.mac)
- Silver Key engine (com.kryptel.silver_key)
- Kryptel encrypted storage (com.kryptel.storage)
This package contains Kryptel compressors, i.e. low-level components compressing a data block or an arbitrary length data stream. The included compressors are ZIP and NullCompressor.
Null compressor is a special 'compressor' component sending the input data to output 'as is', that is, performing no compression at all. It can be used for debugging, or when no compression is required. For example, high-level components such as Silver Key engine require a compressor component. There are two ways to turn compression off – either to set the compression level to CT_NO_COMPRESSION (see Constants class), or to pass NullCompressor. The former is not reliable as some compressing libraries (BZIP, for instance) do not support a no compression mode. Providing the NullCompressor component is a more reliable way (also NullCompressor will likely work faster).
|Compressor||Class Name||Component ID|
A static compressor component's structure describing allowed compressor parameters.
A helper structure, used to pack compressor parameters in order to return them in a single function call.
In addition to the standard component interfaces, any compressor component must export the following three interfaces:
Main compressor interface for compressing or decompressing data blocks of arbitrary size.
Gets or sets the compressor parameters.
Compresses or decompresses in-memory data.